One goal of Greening Deserts projects is to plant over 100 billion trees worldwide, especially in Europe and Africa during the next years. Together with the nations and awesome projects like the Great Green Wall, Great Green Wall North Africa, The Green Belt Movement and the Trillion Trees Campaign we can reach the goal fast and efficient.
Alone the Sahara is an area of 9,500,000 square kilometres, this is equal 950,000,000 ha (950 million hectares). If we plant trees just on 10% of this area we could convert 95 million hectares dry and barren wasteland into fertile landscapes. We want to establish greening camps and connect schools, universities and other institutions to the Greening Deserts projects and partner programs. A broad education and culture is very important for the projects. With active participation and real support of the concerned regions and financial help of all nations and goverments we can start with first preperations still this year and in 2018 on site – and see first results still that year. With our worldwide greening and forestation (afforestation and reforestation) projects we can reduce global warming significantly. To cool down cities and urban areas (Global Cooling), more parks and green roofs (rooftop greening) are required.
Here are some interesting articles about similar projects:
Top 10 countries with largest forest areas 2017:
1. Russia – 814 million hectares of native forest.
2. Brazil – 493 million hectares of native forest.
3. Canada – 347million hectares of native forest.
4. USA – 310 million hectares of native forest.
5. China – 208 million hectares of native forest.
6. Congo – 152 million hectares of native forest.
7. Australia – 123 million hectares of native forest.
8. Indonesia – 91 million hectares of native forest.
9. Peru – 73 million hectares of native forest.
10. India – 70 million hectares of native forest.
And European countries like Germany?
It doesn’t matter how much trees you plant, a million, billion or trillion trees – each action in this direction counts. Support sustainable greening projects for a greener and better future for us all!
About the author